Price on applicationGet Quote
If you're legally required to hire a Data Protection Officer (DPO), then finding the right person is crucial. Appointing someone without the appropriate experience or skills could be extremely detrimental to business.
Here at Smarter Data our DPOs are IBITGQ accredited GDPR practitioners who've worked with dozens of business customers, over the past three years.
The prices quoted above are given as a guide only. To provide a more formal quote, we'll need to know more about your business and the role.
What the law says
The GDPR introduced a duty for data controllers and processors to appoint a data protection officer if:
- the organisation is a public authority or body;
- core activities require large scale, systematic monitoring of individuals; or
- core activities consist of large scale processing of special categories of data or data relating to criminal offences
- Rest assured that your DPO is experienced and knowledgeable
- Enable your team to achieve business goals compliantly and stop GDPR being an obstruction to operations
- Access practical, commercially minded, compliance solutions.
- Be able to demonstrate your compliance efforts in the event of an issue or breach
The role of a DPO
Article 39 of the GDPR defines a DPOs tasks as:
- to inform and advise you and your employees about your obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- to monitor compliance with the GDPR including managing internal data protection activities; raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits;
- to cooperate with the supervisory authority; and
- to be a point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc).
- Dedicated DPO who is an IBITGQ accredited GDPR Practitioner
- Customised packages built to meet business need and budget
- Ability to conduct Gap Analysis, internal audits and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- GDPR management tool that maintains record keeping and compliance evidence base
- Risk management strategies and tools
- Training materials and ability to provide GDPR training to colleagues at all levels of the business
- A 10% client discount on future products and services including On Track GDPR.