What the law says
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) sit alongside the GDPR and DPA. They give people specific privacy rights in relation to electronic communications. They apply whether personal information is being processed or not.
In 2018, the PECR were updated to introduce director liability for serious breaches of the rules. The maximum fine for such breaches is £500,000.
- Identify compliance gaps and fully understand any PECR risks
- Receive a list of clear recommendations to bridge compliance gaps
- Understand how to manage risks and protect your business
- Find out how to achieve your marketing goals compliantly
What do the PECR cover?
There are specific rules on:
- marketing calls, emails, texts and faxes
- cookies and similar technologies
- keeping communication services secure
- customer privacy as regards to traffic and location data, itemised billing, line identification and directory listings
- An audit of all marketing activity involving electronic communications and identification of any gaps in compliance
- Findings detailed in a comprehensive PECR Audit Report
- A table of recommendations to bridge compliance gaps
- 2 hours after-care and support with any questions and findings
- A 10% client discount on future products and services including On Track GDPR.